Friday 25 February 2011

Day Two - 33 miles

A very hilly day but a much better one than yesterday.

Stu and I before braving Pen y Pass.
The day started well even though it was raining and very misty. The wind was less strong, another good thing. I started running with Stuart from Rhos on Sea, who was very good company and got me up the Llanberis Pass and down the other side. We then did a lovely road, which was well off the beaten track but quite beautiful. Not having phone coverage all morning was an issue but we coped.

I have a couple of blisters which needed regular attention, but were not too bad once I'd got going. I ate better today, and made sure I ate early. Yesterday I used 4500 on the run, which added to my 2000 for daily living takes me to 6500 required. I did not eat 6500, but I ate alot today and felt better for it.

The last section of the day was alongside Trawsfynydd, and it was tough, even with Helen's excellent company. No matter what I ate, it wasn't giving me any more energy, but I pushed on and finished the day only 0.5 miles short of the target point, which meant I'd made up what I lost yesterday.

Wayne and I at Blaenau Ffestiniog Mountain Railway.
I felt much better today emotionally and physically. I felt in control of the route I was taking, and I knew where I was going. I was slow on the hills, and probably took an hour longer than yesterday, but I did it, and I feel good.

The massage tonight was slightly more painful, but Rhys and Gwyneth have really looked after us well. The food and a hot shower was fantastic!

I will be in the Telegraph Saturday Review next Saturday, a photographer will be meeting me on the run this week to snap a slow motion photo! Watch out for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment