Wednesday 23 February 2011

And I'm off! With a little help from Asda.

A small selection of what I am taking with me. The food and drinks alone will take up most of the boot of the support car. The drinks have all been kindly donated by Asda, Gorseinon. More than enough to keep me going.

I am feeling quite calm. Whilst out with my walking group last night, taking it easy at the back, I was walking at a 16 minute mile. If I walked the whole of the Wales run at that speed I will still only be on the move for 8 or so hours a day. That thought was very reassuring.

I don't intend on walking it all. I want to run as much as I can, but knowing what my worst case scenario is, makes the whole thing seem so much more manageable.

Forward motion by any means possible that's the key!

Now I need to go and finish packing, I leave in less than 4 hours, and I still have wet clothes to wash, iron and pack!

1 comment:

  1. From Cornwall Platform 51
    Amazing challenge - all the very best from us lot down in not so sunny Cornwall -

    if you want to do lands end to.... somewhere next - you'd be most welcome!
    enjoy & stay safe

    ReplyDelete