Friday 12 March 2010

It's Begun!

Well, I've been thinking about this for quite some time. Having watched Eddie Izzard's amazing adventure, I decided as I wasn't getting any younger I better get on with it. So I have started contacting people, and making my dream of running the entire length of Wales a reality.

The Women's Running Network have been very supportive and promised to help publicise the event, and provide me with any kit I need. Wayne Brown my sports massage therapist has agreed to come along and massage me at the end of every day. I've just phone Cancer Research Uk, with my heart in my mouth - cos this doesn't seem real at all, and they are getting back to me with a contact for an Area Volunteer Manager.

So, the challenge is 215 miles, or there abouts, in 8 days.

For the past 5 years I have been working as a running coach, walking coach and personal trainer. I spend anything up to 5 hours a day running and walking, so to move up from that to 6-7 hours a day seems doable.... I hope! Having come from an unfit fatty and smoking background though, it still seems bizarre to be even talking about doing this. But, the die has been cast now, I am going to do it.

The idea is to promote women's running in Wales, and raise money for the Race4Life charity Cancer Research Uk along the way. I hope that by increased publicity for what I am doing women throughout Wales will realise, that the seemingly impossible, is actually possible, and by joining the WRN or taking part in a Race4Life event they can start themselves off on a fitter healthier life as I have done.

It is 9 years since I took part in my first Race4Life, and now here I am intending to run a country....... strange but true!

No comments:

Post a Comment