Monday 22 March 2010

What to do first

Had a short meeting with Swansea Women's Aid this morning about supporting their charity with this challenge. It had obviously come right out of the blue for them, and I think was a nice surprise. They are a very small charity that makes a huge difference to people's lives. It's a good thought that with this run I might make the difference in someone's life who I have never met.

Lots of letters and emails to write now. I need to start approaching companies. Wayne, my sports massage therapist has a contact with Katherine Jenkins the Welsh opera singer, so I am hoping that by sending her a letter to invite her on the run she will give the challenge her support. Once I have someone with a media profile to support the challenge then I am sure the media interest will snowball from there, at least that's the idea!

My dad has also found a contact in Powys who is an old naval friend, who'd like to offer the challenge his support. It seems his granddaughter climbed Kilimanjaro for charity, so extreme challenges have caught his imagination.

Unfortunately I am exhausted today. I ran Reading Half Marathon yesterday in 1.54, which I was very pleased with considering I had a head cold. The legs are fine today, especially after a massage. It's just my feet that are sore. I always seem to get blisters on the soles of my feet in races when the weather is warm, and I am running sub 9 min miles. I've done a small jog this morning with a friend who's training for Snowdonia, and they felt fine running, but I need to get the issue sorted before London in 5 weeks time, as it's only going to be hotter there.

Wayne has given me some tape, so I am going to experiment with taping my feet over the next few weeks and see if that helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment