Tuesday 29 June 2010

Battered and Bruised

This very hot humid weather is tough. I managed to fall over whilst out working today, scraping a knee and jarring my shoulder, but nothing serious. Then whilst putting a jumper on and walking along the hall at home, I banged my elbow on a door frame bruising it badly. The elbow is very sore and movement is restricted. I am sure neither of these accidents would have happened had I been less tired.

I am very tired, but then I am doing a lot.

This morning the enormity of the challenge I have set myself really sunk in. This morning wasn't any special occasion, just a busy day at work. I've had to split my planned run between morning and evening to fit it in, and having to do that just made me think "how am I going to manage??" My first real moment of doubt. I am sure there will be plenty more along the way, and I will cope with them and get on with it, but it's a huge challenge, and I do have moments when I wonder if I really am capable of running across an entire country.

This morning I ran or walked from 8.40am until 1pm. This afternoon I will be resting/working for the WRN , and this evening I will be running and walking from 7pm until 8.45pm. A pretty long day.

What makes this week tough is that I have a lot of work to do for the Women's Running Network, and a lot of clubs/clients. I will get it done, but to fit in 58 miles of running this week has had me scratching my head. What it's going to be like when I have to fit in 80 or even 100 running miles in a week goodness only knows. Luckily I am doing my long offroad run with a slower friend this weekend, so I will be able to take it easy and enjoy the views.

No comments:

Post a Comment