Saturday 2 October 2010

Easy week a 5k and a big change of plans.

Well, the plan was for it to be an easy week this week, but given the marathon last Sunday, it didn't feel that easy.

I last took a rest day on Tues 21st September, that's 11 days running on the trot, so just getting through all the running this week was a bonus. However, I ran the Women's Running Network All Soles Fun Run today, a 5k and managed to win my age group. About half way round I was wondering what I was doing there, and why I was running so fast (9mm, fast for me right now)! It was a very small race, but taking a trophy home is always a nice thing to do.

The big news this week though is that given my performance at the Tenby Marathon, and the impressive way my body has coped with the lack of rest this week, I have decided that I will be running the length of Wales a little earlier than planned. The original date was to be the last week of May and first week of June, but Wales tends to be quite warm around that time, and I don't do well in the heat. It might also cause a problem with accommodation, especially if it coincided with school holidays. What finally decided me though was knowing that I have enough time between recovering from the 3 in 3 to getting my mileage up to 100 a week before I need to taper for the RunWales challenge.

So many people have offered to come and run with me, or to support me that I need to finalise dates in the next 2 weeks, and get on with it. I know physically I am capable of doing it now, so I just need to get on and do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment